I am a Consultant Paediatrician and specialist in neurodevelopmental disorders. I have recently fully retired from my NHS post as Consultant Paediatrician at St George’s Hospital, London. I now have a very small but busy private practice, with consulting rooms in Central London but consultations are currently conducted through my video platform.
My ability to take on new, full diagnostic, assessments is extremely limited at the present time to high caseload demands. Enquiries are welcome where previous comprehensive diagnostic assessment has been conducted and specific issues need further thought or where there is medication consideration.
What problems I can help with…
I see patients, generally under the age of 16 years, who have developmental problems affecting learning, behaviour and communication such as:
- When attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is suspected
- Difficulties with social function where autism spectrum disorder is suspected
- General and specific learning disability who may have another unrecognised disorder
- Tic disorders and Tourette’s syndrome
- Where previous assessments and diagnoses give conflicting outcomes or opinions
- Behavioural conditions that may benefit from medication
I do not see children where the primary question is to assess physical disability or suspected epilepsy as this is the remit of a paediatrician with a specialism in neurodisability or a paediatric neurologist.